What protects your Audi?
All new Audi models are fitted with a range of anti-theft measures to deter and prevent opportunistic thieves. These include deadlocks, alarms and immobilisers.
Our high level of security was demonstrated in the latest (2012) British Insurance Vehicle Security Awards, awarded by Thatcham, where Audi occupied the podium positions in all relevant classes.
The security of your Audi has always been of paramount importance to us. We've worked closely with industry experts like Thatcham for over 15 years to continuously improve and develop new vehicle systems to ensure our security stays one step ahead.
All Audi vehicles are Thatcham ‘E’ rated. This means that the security package, both mechanical and electronic, exceeds the requirement for a vehicle of its type. All Audi vehicles are fitted with Thatcham approved alarms and immobiliser combinations.
What can you do to improve security?
No vehicle can be guaranteed 100% secure from the most determined thieves. So we recommend you take the following preventative measures to ensure your Audi is as secure as possible.
- Check how many keys are programmed to your car via the MMI system.
- Some vehicles come with a plastic emergency key which are sometimes not passed on when a vehicle changes ownership.
- Where applicable ensure that your plastic emergency key is kept safe and away from the vehicle.
- If you cannot account for all keys we would recommend the remaining keys be reprogrammed at an Audi Centre (for which there will be a charge).
- Be wary of leaving your vehicle and its key(s) with third parties e.g. valet parking, car valeting, etc.
- There is a potential risk of additional keys being coded while in their possession. Ensure you use reputable companies.
- Where fitted, lock your rear seats in position. This reduces risk of possessions being taken from the boot or accessing the cabin via the boot.