Latest addition to the A1 range gives drivers a tougher and higher stance
Audi has unveiled its new urban Audi A1 citycarver. The technologically advanced, city-friendly subcompact hatchback offers drivers a tougher and higher stance. The latest addition to the A1 range will be available to order in the UK from September.
The design of the 4.04-metre Audi A1 citycarver is based on the A1 Sportback, but it has a more muscular look thanks to:
- Wheel arch enhancements
- Redesigned sills in a contrasting colour
- Underbody protection in a stainless steel finish
- Raised suspension - around four centimetres of additional ground clearance for easier entry and better visibility
- Large, octagonal Singleframe, reminiscent of the Audi Q models, surrounding a strongly sculpted honeycomb insert painted in matt black
- Two characteristic slots above the grille differentiate it from the A1 Sportback
- A new look rear bumper echoing the robust look of the front end
New citycarver versions of the A1 will be available to order in the UK with 30 TFSI and 35 TFSI petrol engines from September 2019, and will begin arriving with customers in the autumn.
The colour palette for the A1 citycarver includes nine exterior options, which can be optionally combined, depending on the colour chosen, with a contrast roof in either Mythos black metallic or Manhattan grey metallic.
Audi’s typically intelligent design neatly integrates an 8.8-inch MMI touch screen and a 10.25-inch fully digital cockpit display to take care of the majority of functions and position the A1 citycarver as one of the most technologically advanced and well connected cars of its type.
Its capability can be expanded even further by adding the optional Technology Pack incorporating the Audi virtual cockpit with an increased range of views and functions, MMI navigation plus bringing a larger 10.1-inch high resolution screen, Audi connect with its wide variety of online services, and the Audi Phone Box facilitating wireless smartphone charging.
To make city driving as effortless and enjoyable as possible in the urban sprawl and beyond a Comfort and Sound Pack is available, adding:
- Parking System Plus with acoustic and visual assistance
- Additional front protection to complement the standard rear sensors
- Front seat heating
- Bang & Olufsen 3D sound system with 560 watts of music power
- Rear view camera
The A1 citycarver mirrors the A1 Sportback with a generous interior and a luggage compartment with a 335-litre capacity.
The same applies where standard equipment is concerned, although the citycarver starts with larger 17-inch alloy wheels and features a roof-edge spoiler normally reserved for S line versions.
As well as the digital interior functionality, its specification includes:
- Full-LED headlights with dynamic rear turn signals
- Air conditioning
- Audi drive select dynamic handling system
- Assistance technologies such as:
- Cruise control
- Audi Pre-sense Front with pedestrian and cyclist recognition
- Lane departure warning
- Hill-hold assist